Thursday 12 July 2012

Still experimenting ...

There's a LOT going on in my life at the moment ... and none of it relating to craft!! However, I have managed to sneak in just a few moments of quilling over the past week - and here's my latest card: another experimental design on a 'textured' digital background.

The quilled central section comprises a bunch of tiny little curls, which I have glued down on their sides. I bordered it with some gently overlapping curves that I created by making some 'S' coils and snipping the coils away from each end. Then I used the snipped-off coils to form an outer border for the quilling. There is a digital 'drop shadow' effect under the central square to create the illusion of depth.

The multi-coloured digital pattern is actually based on a photo I took of a colourful flower bed during my visit to Devon a couple of weeks ago.  I put it through one of the amazing filters in Photoshop, and this was the result! Isn't Nature wonderful? And so is Photoshop!!


8 comments:

  1. hope everything goes alright. love how the quilling and background colours blend with one another.

    ReplyDelete
  2. love the background print and the colorful quilling matches so well, I've noticed you havent been on Face book lately and figured you were busy with life, hope all is going well for you!!!
    hugs Paula

    ReplyDelete
  3. good job n great idea to make it, Pholippa

    ReplyDelete
  4. your work is beautiful I love it!
    have a good weekend!
    Greetings from Holland
    Baukje

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely stunning so impressive!
    Loved every detail!
    Have a good weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Винаги се възхищавам на идеите ти!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Like always, I love the way you blend colors and the way you innovate shapes! Love your work,
    Anca

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails