Tuesday 17 April 2012

More quilled earrings ... and some exciting news!

Yesterday, I showed you some of the quilled jewellery I've been making that I hoped might be accepted for sale in a gallery near to where I live. Today, I'm showing you two more pairs of earrings which I took down there this morning, together with the two pin brooches and silver/blue earrings featured in yesterday's post.

These earrings are quite striking, I think, utilising two-colour 'beehive' swirls in a diamond shaped enclosure. I made the background discs using my usual die cut cardstock/pearlised paper 'sandwich' method, adorned with a couple of magenta die cut swirls that have been glued on decoupage-style:

And this pair features die cut leaf shapes topped with some metallic edged quilling for decoration:

Well, I'm delighted to say that the owner of the gallery loved them all! So she will be offering them for sale amongst her amazing stock of other desirable objects at Gallery Fifty Five in Hartley Wintney, Hampshire. Take a look at the gallery's website, and you'll soon understand just how honoured I feel!

Also, I can now confirm that I will be holding a quilling workshop for beginners at the gallery on Saturday 23rd June 2012 from 14.00 - 16.00pm. The cost per participant will be £25.00 to include tuition, materials, tea/coffee and cake. Contact details for the gallery are listed here for anyone wishing to reserve a place.

13 comments:

  1. They look beautiful !(The first ones are my favourite-colours and technics). I am so happy for your luck! I hope you'll have a good good time -tell me about it if you like!
    hugs,

    ReplyDelete
  2. very nice, I really like the leaf ones, I could see me wearing them!
    congrats having your jewelry displayed at the Gallery, and good luck with your classes!
    Recieved my NAQG. Book and saw your works, very nice, your one busy Lady and sure you love it!!
    Paula

    ReplyDelete
  3. look forward to hearing more about your workshop! and good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations Philippa!!!!!!!!!! And what lovely earrings! I'm getting more and more inspired to make some of my own too :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. these quilled earrings really are a Creative design,it's my Favorites.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cool Design. Congrats with the gallery gig!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks everyone for your very kind comments. I try to reply direct to everyone whose e-mail address is listed on Blogger ... for those who aren't, please know that I appreciate your comments very much.

    ReplyDelete
  8. what a beautiful creation beautiful colors!
    Greetings Baukje

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations. I checked out the website and it looks like there are some pretty impressive artists displayed there. I love the name of it too. Your earrings are fabulous and a great addition to Gallery Fifty Five

    ReplyDelete
  10. Both are very beautiful, Philippa.
    I love these so much...and good luck for your workshop

    hugs,
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow! Indeed great news! I am very happy for you! For sure you feel honored to have your jewellery in the Gallery Fifty Five (I visited their website:), but on the other hand I was sure they will fell in love with your elegant and delicate pieces of artwork!
    Wish you good luck with your quilling workshops!
    Hugs, Irina

    ReplyDelete
  12. wow^,these jewelry are so perfect and Fashion,and so cute, lovvvvvvvvvve it.:)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails