Sunday 12 February 2012

A few eccentricities

I'm really not sure whether I've seen this idea somewhere before, or whether it just popped out of my head ... but I wanted to see what would happen when you cut through some of the outer rings of multi-strip eccentric coils - and this little flower is the result:

I quite liked the effect of this, so I tried another one with a little asymmetric curling added in:

Then finally I lost the plot completely and created this very abstract-looking fish (the cut shape of the eccentric coils kept on shouting "fish tails" out to me!!):

Well, it keeps me amused ... and now, I really must get on with making some more cards, as my market stock is getting worryingly low!

So much to quill ... so little time ...

21 comments:

  1. this certainly is something 'refreshing', i mean other than coils or scrolls. like the effect a lot!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Świetny pomysł, na pewno go wykorzystam, jak będę robiła kwiatki:) Pozdrawiam - Elżbieta

    ReplyDelete
  3. wowwwwww.....amazing effect Philippa....Really loved ur new work!!!!!!! Keep Rocking!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How beautiful!!! Love the effect, great job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have a special gift to make the original projects.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ingenious,you are wonderful artist !!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Фантастични са!Точно това съм искала да видя!Ти го направи!!!Поздравления за идеята!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. what a creative technique. I really like the way it looks too

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such an awesome idea! And you did it so well too. Abstract FTW! I'll have to try it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is a wonderful, original and very effective! Good new technique! You're a real artist Philippa. Thank you for inspiring comments on my work. Big hug

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your idea does have a lot of potential. Your's look brilliant!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Like what u did on the birthday card..

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thank you all for your very kind comments!! I hope that you will all try this too ...

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a brilliant idea! Thank you for sharing (^o^)

    ReplyDelete
  15. The way you did the flower and the colors you`ve used are my favourite. Love the fish too!

    ReplyDelete
  16. it's mesmerizing...I can't take my eyes off... definitely giving it a try..

    ReplyDelete
  17. interesting idea! very inspirational! thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails