Monday 3 January 2011

Paradise regained!

Happy new year everyone! Now that the festivities are all over, I'm going to let you into a secret: I'm not really a great fan of Christmas. Here in the UK, normal life practically comes to a halt for the whole month of December as we prepare for and celebrate Christmas/New Year. It feels to me as if everything goes on hold until after New Year's Day - and even then, there's more to be done as all the decorations are taken down and put away.

But finally - finally! - I managed to get back into my craft room today, and have just spent the entire afternoon quilling for the first time in several weeks. What bliss! In fact, I remarked to my mother that it feels to me like 'Paradise regained'. Unfortunately, it was dark before I could finish and photograph the card designs I produced, so I will have to wait to post them over the next few days. Right now, all I have to show you is another digital layout which I have recently managed to complete, featuring what is, for me, another aspect of Paradise: the beautiful Isles of Scilly where we often spend our holidays. If you look closely, you'll see a little quilled starfish towards the base of the design. That's the best I can do in terms of quilling for today, but tomorrow I'll photograph my new quilled cards for posting here on Quilliance - and things really will be back to normal once again!

2 comments:

  1. Happy new year to you. I enjoy Christmas but I also like seeing it end too :)
    Love your digital layout and can't wait to see your new cards

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Ann. The camera will be coming out just as soon as we've got some daylight here!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails