Sunday 7 November 2010

Extra dimensional quilling - part two


Original photo background
I had a wonderfully positive response to my earlier post about 'extra dimensional quilling' - I'm really grateful to everyone who gave me such great feedback! I wanted to explore the versatility of this technique some more, so I've used the same photo background (left) to create another card with a fantasy flower design on it, once again giving the impression of double-depth quilling without actually having to stack the coils:


When you put the two cards side-by-side, you can see that the background is the same, but the character of each flower is quite different! And, of course, I only had to quill the background once. Has anyone else tried this yet?

My first card


The latest card

3 comments:

  1. I haven't tried it but I do love the idea. Love the colors in your newest card. It reminds me of a peacock for some reason :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Actually, that's got me thinking, Ann. I could do a photo background of a quilled bird's body (like a peacock or bird of paradise) and then add different styles of 'feathers' to it in quilling, instead of a flower. Thanks for sharing your thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I thought I'd seen all your work on here, guess not,really love these two with all the colors, really gorgeous!!
    Paula

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails