Thursday 17 June 2010

'Green fingered' quilling - some vegetables from the garden!

Well, our village festival was a great success - I was delighted with the number of cards and earrings that I sold! It has taken me a few days to replenish my stocks ready for our next market on Friday ... and now it's time to get creative again!

I've made this card for a friend who is keen on growing his own vegetables, and it gave me the chance to try out some quilling patterns that I've had my eye on for ages! The onion and pea pods in this design are from Elizabeth Moad's excellent sourcebook, 'Thrilling Quilling' and I think they've turned out really well. I've put them on a printed brown background to look like soil, together with quilled garden tools which were my own invention! The background photos were taken on a visit to some lovely gardens last weekend: I thought the row of buckets and watering cans was particularly photogenic!

A few weeks ago, I was proud to receive a Sunshine Award for Quilliance. As a condition of acceptance, I agreed to pass on the Award to twelve fellow bloggers - and I am ready to make my first nomination today. I would like to pass the Award to Ann for her blog Ann’s Snap Edit and Scrap. I really enjoy following this one!  Ann manages to publish a post every day, and most of the posts are about things she has seen  and photographed in her daily life, reflecting the Quilliance ethos of ‘beauty in all things’. Great blog, Ann!

2 comments:

  1. I love your card that is so cute. I'm also deeply honored that you chose me to pass your award on to. Thank you so much, you made my day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My pleasure, Ann! And I'm glad you like my card!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails