Thursday 29 April 2010

Birds of paradise - quilled, of course!

Well, everyone seemed to love my little parrot/cockatoo - thanks to all of you who kindly visited and left comments. I felt particularly honoured to be featured on Denise Cameron's Facebook Quilling and Paper Art Discussion Board. Also, I'd especially like to welcome Susan and Bronwyn as my latest blog followers. I think it's really great that you want to read about my work, and I shall be following your own blogs with interest, too.

Well, still on a theme of birds, I've had a go at creating some colourful birds of paradise, as you can see here. Instead of my usual photo backgrounds, I thought I'd play around with some of the shapes, lines and colours in my Apple Mac Pages software, and these cards are the result. I think filigree work with open coils is perfect for birds' feathers, and you can let your imagination run riot. I'd like to try doing a peacock next - has anybody got any good patterns?



No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails