Wednesday 3 March 2010

Quilling accident ... ouch!!

Well, there I was, quilling happily this afternoon when - ouch!! I cut the tip of my thumb on the razor sharp edge of a quilling strip (a blood red one, as it happens). The cut was deep, it bled - and now I have an annoying plaster on my thumb which gets in the way of everything.  I hadn't realised how much I rely on that thumb for making coils, and it just doesn't work the same with a plaster on. So I'm going to have to wait for it to heal before doing any more quilling.  Either that, or learn how to make coils with the other hand.

So, be warned fellow quillers - at the time I got cut, I was trying to straighten out the bends in a new strip by running it between my finger and thumb. It's easy to forget how sharp the edges of cut paper can be.

Fortunately, I had just finished making these two cards which I needed to have ready for Friday.




Some words of wisdom for today:
1) Be careful of paper cuts when quilling!

2) "A man's errors are his portals of discovery" - by James Joyce.
This thought-provoking quotation came my way via Charlotte's excellent newsletter, The Art of Quilling, which arrived in my inbox this morning. You can subscribe to future editions via her blog at www.theartofquilling.com.  Great reading!

And finally ... a warm welcome to Quilling Arte Virna Genovese who joined my list of Followers yesterday.


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails