Saturday 27 March 2010

On a roll!!

I've just had a blissful afternoon starting to replace the 14 cards that I sold at the market yesterday. (A great result for me!) So far I've printed out 14 (some old designs, some new - all with photo backgrounds) and put quilling on six of them, so I'm really on a roll!

Anniversary cards are always in demand, so I've made this one using a flower photo that I took last year in the Isles of Scilly. (I just love these flowers with unusual colour centres - these particular ones have blue in the middle with yellow dots.)  I thought I'd have a go at creating a multi-coloured butterfly's wing using three strips, but instead of gluing them all together at one end I glued them at intervals so that the colours are introduced gradually as the coil is rolled. I think it's worked quite well (see close-up), so I'll definitely be doing some more of these.


It makes me so happy when people like my cards enough to buy them - it gives me all the excuse I need to carry on doing my favourite craft! And two ladies came to the market yesterday wearing items of quilled jewellery that they've bought from me in the past, which is just great! Hopefully I'll have time to do a bit more quilling tomorrow ...

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails